KAPE Mini Rudders
DESCRIPTION & AVAILABLE VARIANTS
Our fiberglass Mini Rudders have designed especially for our Mini Kayaks. Each Mini Kayak has their own rudder type. While they are differ in size & shape they are all referred in the same class.
- Mini Kayak 1 rudder (R141): unbalanced rudder with a small, oblong & low profile blade. On the bat hull a centerboard can be found in front of the rudder to reduce drag
- Mini Kayak 2 rudder (R142): balanced rudder with wider & longer rectangular blade; technically this is the Touring Rudder (link), but with threaded shaft head
- Mini Kayak 4 rudder (R144): balanced rudder with an even longer triangular blade
BUILD-UP & BUILD-IN
On each variants a stainless shaft of 8mm diameter is connected to the blade. The head of the shaft is ALWAYS threaded. A plastic rudder wheel is used to connect the steering cord with the rudder.
ORDERING AS A SPARE PART
For ordering a rudder as a spart part:
- measure the diameter of the shaft – just for sure
- choose the colour of the blade
- accurately measure the complete length of the shaft – from the top of the shaft to the top of the blade.
Then we’ll know everything.